Friday, June 22, 2012

Mangetsu, a Full Moon's dinner

Konichiwa! 

That means "hello" in Japanese. It's probably the only thing that I still retain from my Japanese audio lessons... aside from "Sumimasen, Wakarimasen." which means "I'm sorry, I don't understand." I could definitely start a conversation in Nihingo! :D I'll figure out soon how to insert "full moon" into that exchange. :D

On to dinner... 


6:30pm Saturday night in Jupiter Street, I was truly surprised that the whole place was fully reserved. And it's not a small joint, mind you. Thankfully, we were loaned a table but only until 7:30pm. Well, my companion did get a free burger in Burger Avenue once finishing off his huge burger in FIVE MINUTES with two minutes to spare. 1 hour dinner is surely manageable.


While we were still ordering, two orders arrived on our table already. 

Ikura Nigiri Sushi (Salmon Roe Sushi) Php150/pc
Nama Uni Sashimi (Fresh Sea Urchin) Php340


I watched the Japanese chef in action and it's entrancing to watch. His every movement is with purpose and he's very efficient. 


Karaage Fried Chicken Thighs with 3 kinds of salt Php380
Niku Soba (Hot dashi soup with simmered beef) Php350
Cheese Gyoza Php290
Uni Omelet Php330
Beef Steak with Ponzu butter sauce Php890

Papaya Desser Gratin with red bean jam and custard cream Php330

I don't wish to bore you with praises for all these food. Because that's all I have to say: praises. ALL the food was just SUPERB! Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy and super yummy! 

Service was Japanese style as in very efficient! 

Truly nothing to complain about.

We'll certainly be back over and over and over again! Do try! :)

Mangetsu

38 Jupiter St, Bel-Air Vill
Makati City, Metro Manila
(02) 478-3292

No comments:

Post a Comment